It was interesting to learn more about one of the 'Black Trinity' - Duffy, Bailey and Donovan, who were such an influence on 1960s fashion photography. In the BBC 4 program he came across as very cantankerous, arguing taking photographs was 'just a job' and as such, his work had little artistic merit. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall during one of many lengthy discussions the trio had on photography.
I agreed with his comment that 'people change when being photographed' and find it facinating how some people become self-conscious statues in front of the camera, while others loose their inhibitions and reveal hidden aspects of their personality.
Watching him taking pictures again at the age of 76, I could see the care and attention in his face. Duffy is not 'just doing a job', but a true artist at work.
Formal Assessment - People & Place
-
Well I received my formal notification of my results for People & Place 1
last night. I was very pleased to see I have passed with a Class 1 again,
the sam...
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment