
This was my first visit to Ayr Flower Show, indeed to any flower show. The blooms were spectacular and so colourful. It was a bit easier to take candid shots, as lots of people had cameras but I still felt a bit strange taking pictures of people rather than the flowers!

I was pleased to get some shots of the judges but should have had a shallower depth of field to defocus the backgrounds.


The show patron was 'very dapper' indeed in his straw hat, flower pattern bow tie and striped blazer. He moved around the show with a haughty air and was marvellous to observe. I did feel like I was stalking the poor man as I trailed after him and wished I had the courage to ask outright to pose for me.

I learned quite a bit and am reasonably happy that the pictures capture something of the day. I used a 18-55mm lens.
No comments:
Post a Comment