Not much progress on this assignment over the winter apart from taking shots at the cyclo-cross races in December and January. Then a few weeks ago Susan Walker contacted me to say she wanted the new brochure ready for the Scottish Bike Show on April 16/17th. This means the whole project must be completed and ready for the printers by the end of March. Yikes! I met with her to discuss the design and photography and visited the shop yesterday to plan the pictures required.
Taking advantage of a sunny day my wonderful husband kindly agreed to come out of retirement as a model (after Assignment 1) to pose for me. He donned his suit on a Sunday and pretended to be a commuter, travelling to work via public transport and a folding bike (on loan from the shop). I looked at the manufacturers website http://www.dahon.com/folding-bicycles for some inspiration.
Susan had the idea of a shot of a commuter at the station so we turned up for the 9.57am, East Kilbride to Glasgow Central - a long lie cause it's Sunday! If anything the sun was too strong by this time but it did make the shots very colourful. I wanted to have the train slightly out of focus arriving at the station so set my aperture to F7. I also tried several shots of David boarding the train. The client likes the shots but is concerned about permission from Scotrail to feature their train.
In the afternoon I decided to set up a shot of David 'leaving the office'. We remembered some vacant, modern office buildings nearby. No sooner had I got my camera out than a security guard wandered over to us. That's the end of this photo session I thought but he was very nice, even offering to open up the building for us! I was really happy with these shots, posed yes, but suitable for a brochure.
The client likes the shot above best. Importantly it clearly shows the brand name, Dahon.
Formal Assessment - People & Place
-
Well I received my formal notification of my results for People & Place 1
last night. I was very pleased to see I have passed with a Class 1 again,
the sam...
14 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment