After a long gap while I focused on the final assignment, I have taken the opportunity during this spell of good weather to reshoot some of my earlier images for A Sense of Place. Am feeling the pressure now as I have opted for the July assessment so need to complete this assignment asap and submit it to my tutor, Norman for appraisal. I was worried some of my previous shots didn't include enough of the city to convey it's character or feature landmarks that would identify the location as distinctly 'Glasgow'. I have moved away from my original intention of photographing the usual tourist locations because there are so many it was difficult to decide which to include and the project felt 'diluted'. So, I changed my thinking and have decided to just focus on an area of the city centre known as 'The Style Mile'.
I have also found candid street photography quite difficult. Capturing the 'moment' is often elusive! The shot is there then someone moves or the surroundings are unsuitable or the light is in the wrong place — argghhhh. Very frustrating! Twice in the past month I have tried to shoot at the Tradeston-Broomielaw Bridge (nicknamed the Squiggly Bridge) only to find it cordoned off by the police due to 'an incident'. The TV program Taggart, set in Glasgow, was spot on with the signature tune 'No Mean City'.
My internet has been crawling at a snail's pace or not connecting at all, which doesn't help keeping this blog up-to-date. Anyway, almost there. . .
Formal Assessment - People & Place
-
Well I received my formal notification of my results for People & Place 1
last night. I was very pleased to see I have passed with a Class 1 again,
the sam...
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment