Tuesday, 20 October 2009

Ex 14: An organised event - Scotland's Festival of History

I spotted this event in our local paper and it proved a great family day out for our nephews who love  Horrible History books and DVDs. I perhaps have not focused as much as I should on capturing candid spectator shots but there was so much of interest with the reenactors that I got caught up photographing them.

 As I mentioned in Ex 9, I used a 55-200mm lens for candid shots and to help me feel unobtrusive. I think each picture is a story in itself and the set shows the diversity of historical periods. The event was held at Lanark Racecourse and each historical period shown had a specific link to Lanarkshire. The event is the largest of its kind in Northern Britian.















Nikon D40, F5.6, 200 mm, ISO 200





















Nikon D40, F5.6, 200 mm, ISO 200




Nikon D40, F5.6, 200mm, ISO 280




Nikon D40, F5.6, 200 mm, ISO 280  




Nikon D40, F4.8, 122 mm, ISO 280




Nikon D40, F5.6, 200 mm, ISO 400




Nikon D40, F4.5, 90 mm, ISO 250       Nikon D40, F4.3, 85 mm, ISO 200 

No comments:

Post a Comment