Monday, 22 March 2010

Positive thinking

Amazing how it just takes one productive day of photography to lift the spirits! I spent Saturday in Glasgow and feel I have shots to cover quite a few of the exercises for the 'People interacting with place' project. My friend Anne and I explored Buchanan Street, GOMA, Trongate 103 and Central Station. I decided to use my small Canon Powershot camera to be less conspicuous, which proved very successful. A small camera and a friend you can pretend to photograph certainly makes public photography easier. When considering these assignments, I agree with Duncan Astbury about the importance of being aware of your legal rights with regard to public photography but I also feel strongly that as long as a photographer stays within the law, they should not be made to feel like a terrorist or criminal for simply wanting to take pictures in a public space.

I recently visited the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and other places on my list to visit over the next few weeks are Glasgow School of Art, WASPS artists studios, the Scottish Parliament, Botanic Gardens, Science Centre, Whitelees Wind Farm. Some of these locations are potentials for Assignment 3, Buildings in use.

Easter holidays fast approach and I intend to get my head down to catch up with coursework. I am looking forward a week on the Isle of Harris, which should provide a strong photographic contrast to the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment