Wednesday, 10 February 2010

Fisheye fun

I found my Lomo fisheye camera and decided to develop the film which I took at the Ayr flower show and of my neices. The results were fun and have given me some ideas for the Buildings & Spaces project. I love the skewed perspectives and think using a fisheye may yield interesting and unusual shots, especially in the city.

 
 
 

So, consequently, I have treated myself to an inexpensive digital lens - Opteka .35x HD² Super Wide Angle Panoramic Macro Fisheye - (good reviews on Amazon) and figure if the results are not that great then I haven't spent a fortune! Just waiting patiently now for it to arrive. . .

2 comments:

  1. How did you get on with the Opteka?
    Any sample photos yet?
    Does it have to attach to an existing lens?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been too busy at work recently to try it out - or to do much of anything unfortunately! Hoping to get into Glasgow next week, planning a visit to the Science Centre.

    It seems quite robust and fits onto an existing lens, with convertor rings for common filter thread sizes. Suspect it will have limitations but I won't quibble given the low price tag.

    ReplyDelete