Wednesday, 18 August 2010

ASSIGNMENT 5: PEOPLE AND PLACE ON ASSIGNMENT

Have approached Walkers Cycling to be my client for this final assignment. I have known the Walkers for several years and feel quite comfortable with the idea of building a brief around their cycle shop and bike club. Knowing some of the staff and club members should hopefully make me more confident and comfortable about getting the shots I want. My intention is to shoot in the shop and on location with a deadline of mid Oct. The cycle racing season is almost over so some shots have to be taken in the next few weeks or not all.

After an initial discussion with Susan Walker I have drawn up an initial list of proposed shots for them to consider. She would like a range of images that can be used on their website and in promotional literature.

1 Staff at shopfront
2 Staff portrait with their favourite bike
3 Staff line-up
4 Staff profile pics
5 Workshop, mechanic working on bike
6 Customer in shop
7 Neil Walker coaching/training a cyclist
8 Commuting folding bike being put on train or bus
9 Child cycling (Finlay?)
10 MTB race (Wolftrax end Aug)
11 Cyclocross training (Thurs eve at Irvine)
12 Clubrun
13 Close-up of rider in Walkers Cycling Club clothing
14 Female rider/s (Anna/Julie?)

Once the shots have been established I will need to coordinate dates and times that fit around my college committments and shop hours. Consideration will need to be given to equipment, locations and style of shots required. I will revisit techniques learned throughout the course to ensure a wide variety of approaches are attempted.

No comments:

Post a Comment