This assignment requires an investigation of five or six buildings, then to take pictures which show the important features of each building and how the space is utilised. My initial list of buildings to research are located in Glasgow as it has a rich architectural history which provides an interesting contrast with modern landmarks, notably the current regeneration of several locations in preparation for the Commonwealth Games in 2014.
- Kibble Palace — The Botanic Gardens
- The Briggait
- Gallery of Modern Art
- Glasgow School of Art
- Kelvingrove Museum and Art Gallery
- Trongate 103
- The Lighthouse
- House for an Art Lover
- The Glasgow Climbing Centre
- River Clyde Waterfront
- The Science Centre
- BBC Scotland
Over the past few weeks I have managed to conduct some research and take pictures in all but the last two locations. The latter look better at night so I am waiting for an earlier sunset. Having reviewed my list it's interesting to see that I have been drawn to no less than seven creative spaces — possibly influenced by my design background? However, I shall have to be selective as the assignment requires variety in size and purpose.
I am really enjoying this project and feel much more engaged than with the portraiture assignments. I love getting out and about, especially in my hometown and working on this exercise has made me reconsider the way I look at buildings and got me thinking more about how people interact with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment