So, I have finally submitted this assignment and finished The People & Place course, my thoughts on which will follow shortly in another post. Click the link below to view the images in the Assignment 4 Gallery.
http://janetsocaphotographyblog.blogspot.com/p/assignment-4-gallery.html
Considering how much I enjoyed researching and taking these pictures I don't know why I dragged my heels for so long in submitting the work. I did take solice from reading Lauren Henkin's Blog post about the Creativity Drought and think that a lack of confidence in my photographic approach has hindered my progress somewhat. My interpretation of the magazine brief has resulted in 'safe' images which, although I am happy with many of my final shots, don't get to the heart of the city, or show the real character of Glasgow or its inhabitants. So do the images fulfil the requirements of the assignment? I'm not sure. It will be interesting to get tutor feedback.
As I have a background in book and magazine design, I decided to desktop publish the pictures as a long weekend break article for The Sunday Times Travel magazine.
Formal Assessment - People & Place
-
Well I received my formal notification of my results for People & Place 1
last night. I was very pleased to see I have passed with a Class 1 again,
the sam...
14 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment